Re: Takes hours for me to polar align with PemPro...Suggestions for my AP600e?

Tom Blahovici

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 08:52 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
there is heat wafting up off of nearby buildings, pavement, etc
That could be a possibility.  I doubt there are tube currents., The scope is always outdoors at the same ambient temperature.
Could this be related to using an off-axis guider? The stars are certainly not perfectly round. I cannot use my main imager since I receive an out of memory from PemPro.  This is an ASI6200, 62 mp camera.
You really should allow subframes in the polar axis to avoid that.  You have it for the PEC section.  Why not here as well?
Tom