Re: Do NOT use ASCOM Platform v. 6.5 with APCC Pro #APCC #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Terri Zittritsch

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 09:32 AM, Howard Hedlund wrote:
here is a problem with the latest ASCOM Platform - v. 6.5 that prevents correct plate solutions in APPM.  We hope for a resolution to this problem soon.  In the meantime, please use v.6.4 SP1.https://github.com/ASCOMInitiative/ASCOMPlatform/releases/tag/Build_2695
Howard, do you know if this is just with APPM?    I noticed this past weekend when I was doing plate solving that platesolve2 in sgpro was having issues (I have ASCOM 6.5 installed).  I thought it was the normal due to the dense star field I was in.   I moved to ASTAP solver based on recommendations from another member and it worked fine, in fact, about 10X faster than Platesolve2.    But I was NOT using APPM.

Terri