Re: Hydrogen clouds of the Bubble Nebula

Bill Long

I can speak to this with direct experience, prior to me installing the encoders.

These were all taken with the 1100 and long guide exposures (5-10 secs):

https://www.astrobin.com/380925/J/

I still used SGP back then, so this was SGP + PHD.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri <mjmangieri@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 6:50 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Hydrogen clouds of the Bubble Nebula

I figured as much, but can it be done with SGP and PHD.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 9:13 PM
To: mjmangieri@...; main@ap-gto.groups.io

Certainly, why not. The 1100 non-encoder mount can certainly be slow guided (bump guided with modeling) for hours at a time.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 7:21 pm

Reading this thread with lots of interest. Can anything like this be accomplished with an AP1100 without encoders?

On Sep 9, 2020, at 7:52 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Yes, I actually haven't seen one airplane in the 4 nights that I have imaged. The Ohare flights come right over the observatory and i used to get quite a few planes thru my images. So when things settle down, I probably will go back to 10 minute shots.

Smile

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 6:40 pm

My observatory is under the flight path from L.A.-area airports to the southern states (AZ, TX, FL).  With the current Covid-19 shutdowns, there's been very little air traffic.  It won't always be that way, but this would be the time to try 1 hr subs, as soon as we get rid of the smoke.  Rolando probably benefits from the lack of air traffic from O'Hare & Midway.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.