Re: Hydrogen clouds of the Bubble Nebula

Roland Christen

Certainly, why not. The 1100 non-encoder mount can certainly be slow guided (bump guided with modeling) for hours at a time.

From: Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri <mjmangieri@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 9, 2020 7:21 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Hydrogen clouds of the Bubble Nebula

Reading this thread with lots of interest. Can anything like this be accomplished with an AP1100 without encoders?

On Sep 9, 2020, at 7:52 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Yes, I actually haven't seen one airplane in the 4 nights that I have imaged. The Ohare flights come right over the observatory and i used to get quite a few planes thru my images. So when things settle down, I probably will go back to 10 minute shots.
Smile