From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of CurtisC via groups.io
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 10:44 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] PEMPro vs PHD2 #Guiding

[Edited Message Follows]

Ray, I have lots of logs, going back to July. I eliminated all but the latest one. I put the old ones in an "old" folder.
I didn't throw them away. You want to see them all? A few are aborted runs -- I didn't like where it was going on,
so I killed it. I've been doing PEMPro runs almost every night, twice last night. I'll fiddle with the balance (which is
spot-on exact now) or gear mesh and try again. Last night I was getting 19+ p-to-p, but it was smooth, so I
loaded it to the mount. Probably unrelated, but just before I shut down and went to bed last night, I tried some 5
min test shots of NGC 7331, and I had fantastic guiding, even the tiniest stars were round.

Edited to add: It's often said that one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a
different result. Guilty!