Re: PEMPro vs PHD2 #Guiding

Roland Christen

This is can go positive or negative to the graph line.
A guided graph is useless for analysis. We need to see UNGUIDED graph. Set the cadence at 1/2 second, grab 7 minutes of tracking with pulses turned OFF. Then post the resultant guide graph. Both RA and Dec, please.

From: CurtisC via groups.io <calypte@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Sep 3, 2020 6:04 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] PEMPro vs PHD2 #Guiding

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 05:51 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
then they'll wander off to 2.00 or even more
This is can go positive or negative to the graph line.  My polar alignment is as close to exact as I can get with the Polar Alignment Wizard in PEMPro.  I do 30 min subs without noticeable field rotation.  The only reason I didn't try 60 min, as in your Pelican shot, is that I don't have 60 min darks.