Re: Drift Alignment To Help With Unguided Images

Dominique Durand

Edited

Hi Tony,
I suppose that for these 2 objects the poses were not very long 1 or 2 'maximum. In fact it is more for the modeling and therefore the follow-up afterwards that I could have a problem, because I never do a meridian flip during my shots, I work if necessary with the meridian shift -1 or -2h.
With the following model I have correct tracking corrections but may not be as smooth as would be desirable. On the other hand, the score remains perfectible. With 74 points, clouds having bugged for 18 points, the model is certainly not complete enough.

This is what the Crescent (NGC6888) gives, done with 360 secondes poses.
https://cdn.astrobin.com/thumbs/5K8V23dxt_6W_1824x0_YoLUSfeR.jpg