Re: Drift Alignment To Help With Unguided Images

Bill Long

I hear you on the Pacific Northwest skies. :) At that focal length I'd be hard pressed to get good data.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Tony Benjamin <tonybenjamin@...>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 4:20 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Drift Alignment To Help With Unguided Images

Hi Dominique,

I think one of the real issues with the C11 Edge and imaging is when it comes time to do a meridian flip. It seems that the mirror will end up moving some small fraction which ends up making flats somewhat interesting as well. I can image fine with the C11 Edge and have used it quite a bit. I just want to get rid of the mirror flop issue once and for all. I don’t expect my images to be any better – just maybe do some unguided imaging and conquer its challenges J

Heres two images I managed in the last few months on the C11 Edge. No APOD worries – but I’ll blame the NW Pacific skies J