From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io
Sent: August 29, 2020 11:18 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Drift Alignment To Help With Unguided Images

No, we have not changed the way the CP4 controllers interface with APCC Pro. However, there is a new version of APCC Pro that might be what you want to update.

If you are using a C14 for unguided, you may run into mirror shift issues that cannot be solved with modeling. I think trying to do unguided imaging with such a scope might be stretching things. First you have very long focal length, next you have an optical/mechanical system that is prone to differential flexure, and then you have possible mirror shifting, even if it's locked down. Reason for the shift is not because it tilts due to gravity, rather that the entire mirror slides sideways due to the clearance between the mirror's central hole and the shaft that it rides on. The mirror is quite heavy and slides around sideways because it is not glued down to the metal shaft that it sits on.