Re: Pelican images

Phillip H Coker <pcoker36@...>

Not bad for the conditions. One thing tho, that haze is covering us In Colorado, too. It's from the fires in California. We, fortunately, remain below kindling.
Phillip

On Aug 26, 2020, at 12:40, uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

hello Astronuts,

I did some imaging of the Pelican in extremely poor transparency over the last couple of nights. The seeing was exceptional the first night and very good the next two. transparency was so poor due to fires in Colorado that I could only see a couple of stars and Jupiter. The Moon was blood red. Thank goodness for deep red H-a filters which seem to cut thru the haze.

The first image is the entire Pelican region. The second is a crop of the active region which I will call the "Tornado Forming". It reminds me of our Midwest spring tornadoes which come dancing out of dark clouds and cause much damage when the touch down. We had a number of them this spring, fortunately they all missed our place.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/iuby4z/0/

https://www.astrobin.com/full/pkkm0d/0/?nc=user