Re: Upgrade to new keypad version (was RE: [ap-gto] Unguided imaging with Mach2) #Keypad
You and I landed n in basically the same reasons. I had one more minor one that the cp4 on the Mach 1 doubles as a backup for my 1100 with encoders in case I were to need to send its cp4 box in.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> on behalf of Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 6:01 PM
To: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to new keypad version (was RE: [ap-gto] Unguided imaging with Mach2) #Keypad
When I was working to decide to upgrade my Mach1 to the CP4 I came up with this list of considerations.
1. I assume there will no longer be any new firmware upgrades for the CP3.
2. Many of the new features being added to APCC and the APv2 driver seem to require the CP4.
3. Safety slews.
4. WiFi & Ethernet connectivity.
5. Painless firmware upgrades.
6. MUCH better power connector.
7. All of the announced new features of the pending hand controller update will only work with the CP4/CP5.
8. Pending multi-star alignments and ortho compensation in the new hand controller firmware require the CP4/CP5.
9. Both serial ports are full-speed in the CP4.
10. CP4 has a cutting-edge electronics design. Some electronic components in the CP3 are obsolete and getting harder to find.
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 11:31 AM Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:
Waikoloa, HI 96738