Re: A couple of doubts about modeling and about not using guiding. #APCC #Mach2GTO

That will work for model building, but you need the current temperature as you are imaging, so you really need a way where the temperature is updated on a consistent basis.

the modeling adjusts based on temp at time of modeling and current temp when imaging

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM Joseph Beyer <jcbeyer2001@...> wrote:
I don't own an environmental sensor that interfaces directly with my computer but I manually enter current temperature and barometric pressure from my backyard weather station into the APCC-Pro Pointing Model tab when I run a model.  The data is pulled through to APPM and I assume used in the calculation of the pointing and tracking model.  Is this assumption correct?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 7:16 PM Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:
Per my chat with Ray, having accurate temperature data is THE most important thing.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Valente <bvalente@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 6:47 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] A couple of doubts about modeling and about not using guiding. #Mach2GTO #APCC

HI Marcelo

Temperature does have some impact on the modeling (talking with Ray on this) so you might consider having an environmental sensor in there like an MGBox V2

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 6:17 PM Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK, thank you very much. Good to know. :)

My telescope is an Esprit 100, so I guess I don't need an atmospheric pressure detector at the moment.

--
Brian

Brian Valente

--