Re: Mach-2 can not reach target

Horia

Hi Roland,

>>The CP5 has a built-in encoder limit which turns the mount off and parks it

>>when the scope tracks approximately 1 minute past the meridian. This limit

>>comes up as default ON when you initialize the mount. We put this into our

>>latest CP firmware to solve the problem of users that let the mount track past

>>the meridian unattended and eventually crash the scope into the pier.

>>These limits are independent of any limits set in APCC at this point.

I would like to suggest a user friendlier approach, based on the following order of events:

1.     *   First the mount will cross the meridian.

2.     *  Sometime after the meridian, the image acquisition software (the automation software) sees that the mount is past the meridian and, between two acquisition frames, will flip the mount, by issuing a GoTo command to the actual target coordinates or by sending a SetSideOfPier command.

3.    * If – and only if – something goes wrong (the PC crashed, the automation software has a bug, the user forgot to setup something) the mount will eventually hit a meridian limit and will stop tracking.

For this to work, it would be great to have the possibility to send to the CP5, during the initialization process, not only a flag "Meridian Limits On/Off" but also a value for the meridian limit, in minutes-of-time past meridian. To be sure that this limit will work also in case the PC crashes, this should be completely independent of APCC.

Kind regards,

Horia