Re: Mach-2 can not reach target

Roland Christen

Sorry, I was wrong, the encoder OFF is remembered so it will not come back on when power is cycled.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Aug 17, 2020 2:31 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach-2 can not reach target

Is the $LD0# command stored and also working the next time I initialize the mount or do I have to send the command every session new.
No, it is not stored. The mount comes up in Limits ON mode by default.

Roland

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Aug 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Hi Roland,

thanks very much for that Info. It will help me till the new firmware will be released.
I have one Question: Is the $LD0# command stored and also working the next time I initialize the mount or do I have to send the command every session new.

Konstantin

Am 17.08.2020 um 20:16 schrieb uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...>:

Hello Konstantin,

The CP5 has a built-in encoder limit which turns the mount off and parks it when the scope tracks approximately 1 minute past the meridian. This limit comes up as default ON when you initialize the mount. We put this into our latest CP firmware to solve the problem of users that let the mount track past the meridian unattended and eventually crash the scope into the pier. These limits are independent of any limits set in APCC at this point.

Right now APCC and the ASCOM driver do not have a way to set this internal limit off, but we are working on it and will have an automatic solution in the next release.

For now you can turn this limit OFF by opening the Terminal Mode in APCC and typing in and sending the following command: $LD0#

The command $LD2# turns the internal limits back ON, if desired. The mount will bounce back a couple of degrees when the limit is reached and park itself. The motors will de-energize. When the limits are set and the limit has been reached, the mount will be in park mode and will need to be un-parked from present position in order to begin tracking and slewing.

The bounce-back will put the mount back into CWT down mode so that all commands to move from external software will be active again when the mount is unparked

Hope this helps for now.

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics inc.

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Aug 16, 2020 9:01 am

Hi Terri,

no I am using only MaximDL. The error can be avoided if you slew first in a cw up position an do the flip from that position. As Ray have said it seems to be a firmware bug. We have t wait for answers from Howard.

Konstantin

Am 16.08.2020 um 15:12 schrieb Terri Zittritsch <theresamarie11@...>:

Konstantin, you are not alone... I've had 2 nights interrupted by RA limit errors that can not be cleared as well..   Right after a meridian flip, the software seems to lock up while trying to do the plate solve and center right at the meridian.    I've sent my logs to Roland.

I've now had it happen on 2 different targets.   I use SGPro as well.. so I was using SGPro plus APCC plus the ASCOM driver.
Are you using SGPro and/or were you imaging right around the meridian?

Terri

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.