Re: Mach-2 can not reach target

Dean Jacobsen

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 11:16 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
The CP5 has a built-in encoder limit which turns the mount off and parks it when the scope tracks approximately 1 minute past the meridian. This limit comes up as default ON when you initialize the mount. We put this into our latest CP firmware to solve the problem of users that let the mount track past the meridian unattended and eventually crash the scope into the pier. These limits are independent of any limits set in APCC at this point.
Now I'm confused.  I haven't seen this behavior yet.  However, I use one of two pre-configured meridian tracking limits maps.  I also set the "Action when limit reached" box to "Just Warn".  My experience has been that the mount will continue tracking through the meridian limit until such time that I execute a manual meridian flip.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/