Re: Mach-2 can not reach target

Roland Christen

Also please make sure that you have the latest driver version 5.30.10. loaded.

I have been busy all morning here testing various scenarios with my mount in the observatory and I cannot make it hang up with the limits on or off. I cannot reproduce what you are experiencing.

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Aug 17, 2020 1:16 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach-2 can not reach target

Hello Konstantin,

The CP5 has a built-in encoder limit which turns the mount off and parks it when the scope tracks approximately 1 minute past the meridian. This limit comes up as default ON when you initialize the mount. We put this into our latest CP firmware to solve the problem of users that let the mount track past the meridian unattended and eventually crash the scope into the pier. These limits are independent of any limits set in APCC at this point.

Right now APCC and the ASCOM driver do not have a way to set this internal limit off, but we are working on it and will have an automatic solution in the next release.

For now you can turn this limit OFF by opening the Terminal Mode in APCC and typing in and sending the following command: $LD0#

The command $LD2# turns the internal limits back ON, if desired. The mount will bounce back a couple of degrees when the limit is reached and park itself. The motors will de-energize. When the limits are set and the limit has been reached, the mount will be in park mode and will need to be un-parked from present position in order to begin tracking and slewing.

The bounce-back will put the mount back into CWT down mode so that all commands to move from external software will be active again when the mount is unparked

Hope this helps for now.

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics inc.