Re: Spiderwebs in the sky

M Hambrick

Great shot Roland

I also have some questions about your MaxIm DL settings:

Do you always image using the Find DSO setting ?

I think I read somewhere that the sub-frame box should not be checked when you are taking an actual image. I am not exactly why, but I see that yours is checked. Is this for the focus tweaking ?

You mentioned that you tweaked the focus during the imaging session. How do you know which direction to move it ? Is it reasonable to assume that as the OTA cools down it will always shrink, and therefore you would need to rack the focuser out ?

I can't tell if I am looking at it correctly, but it looks like you have the binning set at 4X4. Is that correct ?