Re: [ap-ug] Spiderwebs in the sky

Roland Christen

Tanks. Looking forward to doing some deep sky beyond the Milky Way this Fall.

From: Bill Long <bill@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>; main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 15, 2020 6:00 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] Spiderwebs in the sky

Nice job! Excellent image too!

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2020 3:58 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>; main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-ug] Spiderwebs in the sky

Hi Astronuts,

I enjoyed several nights of clear skies and good seeing, so I was able to image some deep sky with my 160EDF refractor, Mach2 mount and QSI CCD camera. I modeled 5 points along the object's path and did 19 exposures total, 10 minutes each. The 160 refractor is a handful, plus I had my 92mm Stowaway riding shotgun, but the mount handled everything beautifully.  just posted the image on AstroBin:

https://www.astrobin.com/59e7g1/

Rolando

For those of a technical bent, here is a screenshot of the RA and DEC path that the modeling produced over a period of about 1 hour. Two little blips on the RA trace was caused by me touching the focuser, refocusing the image: