Spiderwebs in the sky

Roland Christen

Hi Astronuts,

I enjoyed several nights of clear skies and good seeing, so I was able to image some deep sky with my 160EDF refractor, Mach2 mount and QSI CCD camera. I modeled 5 points along the object's path and did 19 exposures total, 10 minutes each. The 160 refractor is a handful, plus I had my 92mm Stowaway riding shotgun, but the mount handled everything beautifully.  just posted the image on AstroBin:

https://www.astrobin.com/59e7g1/

Rolando

For those of a technical bent, here is a screenshot of the RA and DEC path that the modeling produced over a period of about 1 hour. Two little blips on the RA trace was caused by me touching the focuser, refocusing the image: