Re: Delrin plugs

Dean Jacobsen

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:05 PM, eja24601 wrote:
For now, I've decided to live with this, as I'm concerned that anything I do might cause more harm than good. I've been assured that if I really wanted it done, that I can ship the affected part to AP and they will be more than happy to perform the replacement. At cost, of course (unless this is part of warranty service and the mount is under warranty <G>; I can't speak for AP on that).
Eric and Michael,

Replacing the clutch plugs is something that you can definitely do.  If I can do it, then you can do it.  :-)

Fifteen years ago I decided that having the clutches tighter was a good thing with my then new 1200GTO.  It wasn't but a few months later that I needed to get the replacement clutch plug kit and if I recall correctly, AP sent me the "extraction tool" as a loaner and I mailed it back after I performed the repairs.

After that it was finger tight only for me and the plugs lasted another 7 years or so until I traded the 1200 for a 900GTO and those weren't damaged by me for the 7 or 8 years that I had the 900.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/