Re: Delrin plugs

eja24601

Same thing happened to me this year with my AP1200GTO. On the DEC axis, specifically. I've been assured by the helpful folk at AP that precise balancing is not necessary.

Here's the link to the replacement kit:
https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/clutch-plug-replacement.pdf

For now, I've decided to live with this, as I'm concerned that anything I do might cause more harm than good. I've been assured that if I really wanted it done, that I can ship the affected part to AP and they will be more than happy to perform the replacement. At cost, of course (unless this is part of warranty service and the mount is under warranty <G>; I can't speak for AP on that).

HTH,
Eric