Re: Power connector 900GTO

Mike Dodd

On 8/7/2020 10:35 PM, khursh via groups.io wrote:
First, the good news - I'm picking up a new-to-me 900GTO CP3 tomorrow.
Congrats! I hope you put it to good use.

How does one connect the CABLPF that is
connected to the mount to the power supply? A cigarette lighter to ring
or horseshoe clip?
I think the Powerwerx supply has 1/4" binding terminals on the rear.

And the AP900 power cord has a cigarette lighter plug on it? CUT IT OFF!

I strongly recommend AGAINST using a cigarette lighter plug/socket for anything. I've had these go flaky in the past, as the metal contacts accumulate crud.

Strip the insulation from the ends of the power wires, then install crimp-on ring terminals on the wires. Be sure to mark which one is positive (red) and which is negative (black).

You can get crimp-on terminals at hardware stores and auto supply stores, as well as a crimping tool.

--- Mike