Re: New file uploaded to ap-gto

Roland Christen

It takes me a lot more than "one or two guide moves" to get guiding again.
There are a boatload of variables, so I cannot even conceive an answer to that.

From: CurtisC via groups.io <calypte@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Aug 3, 2020 5:11 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] New file uploaded to ap-gto

This is an old thread, but this comment from Rolando on 05/06/2019 caught my eye:

"with MaximDL it takes only one or two guide moves to come back to the zero line. With the 28% Dec in PHD2 it takes 5 to 7 moves."
I'm using MaxIm DL.  TEC140ED main scope, Baader Vario-Finder as a guide scope with an SX Superstar guider.  The main camera is a QSI 683.

What amount of dithering are you using, Rolando?  I've been using 3 pixels.  It takes me a lot more than "one or two guide moves" to get guiding again.  That's with 5 sec guide exposures.