Re: large alignment error with polemaster & mach2

Jim Hawn

You indicated:
"I need to polar align my Mach 2 very quickly"

To echo what many others have indicated, consider using the RAPAS to initially polar align.  With a little practice, this takes about two minutes.
Following initial PA, take advantage of Sharpcap Pro's polar alignment.  With a little practice, you can achieve a <1' polar alignment in about two minutes.
Thus, in less than approximately five minutes from start-to-finish, your Mach2 is decently polar aligned.  Add a minute or two if you want to fine tune to <10".
I'm reporting from experience, not conjecture.
If you define "very quickly" as 4-5 minutes, perhaps this is a solution for you to consider.

-  Jim