Re: large alignment error with polemaster & mach2

Cheng-Yang Tan

One thing that I use SC + PM camera for after polar alignment is monitoring sky conditions. IMO, it’s a complete waste to have a camera just sitting there and doing nothing after polar alignment. I have the
PM camera mounted on the saddle and thus it is always pointing to where the imaging scope is pointing. Then I have SC do “multistar FWHM measurement” of all the stars. It’s a good measure of whether the sky is deteriorating during the imaging session

Yes. The PA feature alone is worth the ~$15 a year cost, in addition to the general usefulness that SharpCap offers. I don't mind supporting Robin's efforts.