Re: [ap-ug] End of an era?

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

I have always been more into the imaging side of the hobby, but I will never forget the view through my 180EDT the night that Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 impacted Jupiter. We had the scope out that night, but I had totally forgotten about the comet. I had just pointed the scope at Jupiter to give my wife something interesting to look at. When she looked through the eyepiece she asked what the black specs were in the clouds. At that point I immediately remembered about the comet. It was an amazing treat to be able to watch it "live".

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support