From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Craig Young
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPC refraction correction question

Can anyone, who is using APPM to build DEC ARC models, confirm that enabling refraction correction changes
the model terms significantly. You can easily run this test during the day by slewing to any location in the sky and
toggling the state of the refraction correction checkbox and noting the change in the Offset Error-Hour Angle term,
located at the top of the model terms list.

I am trying to find out if this is an error in APCC or something in my system. As discovered above, if I remove the
Offset Error term when refraction correction is enabled, then the tracking rates look reasonable. But I am not sure if
refraction correction is now accurate when removing the model term. I thought I would check with others before
reporting this formally as a software error in APCC.

Craig