Re: More unguided images with the Mach2 and APCC Pro #APCC #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

That combination of scope and mount is doing an amazing job.

From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jul 21, 2020 2:52 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] More unguided images with the Mach2 and APCC Pro #Mach2GTO #APCC

Hi All,

I have myself back into the unguided imaging grove with the Mach2.  Unless I mis-configure my Sequence Generator Pro/PlateSolve2 profile again.  ;-)

I couldn't be happier with the Mach2 and the software package.  I have been using AP mounts for a long time and this mount/software package is the best by far.

I set up the mount and break it down for each session so, instead of doing an all sky APPM point map run I have just been doing a 3 line point map that covers the declination of the object for the night.  For instance, if the object is at +20 declination I will set up APPM to map 10 points along each of +25, +20, and +15 declination.  This turns out to be about 33 or 34 points taking into account the double mapping of points within the west side meridian limits I have set up.  It takes about 20 to 30 minutes depending on how PlateSolve2 feels that night.

I suspect that I am taking more points than I need to but I want to make sure that the night is not wasted so I err on the side of caution.

Here are a couple of links to unguided images from the last two sessions:

https://www.astrobin.com/a5vp4q/

and

https://www.astrobin.com/h3kenj/

The good folks at AP have really done a nice job with the Mach2.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/