NGC6960

Mike Dodd

I've long been attracted to the Veil Nebula, but never could image NGC6960, The Witch's Broom, because my old ST-8 CCD camera bloomed the bright star. But my current ASI1600MCP one-shot color CMOS camera doesn't bloom, so now this target is in play.

Recently I managed to acquire nearly 5 hours of data over three rare clear nights, and hope to get another 3-4 hours when the sky clears again. Here's what I have so far: <http://astronomy.mdodd.com/nebulae-17.html>

I rotated the camera to capture as much of the "broom" as possible on the sensor, corner-to-corner. I never knew there was so much faint H-a nebulosity close-by. Maybe additional data will reveal more.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

TMB-130SS APO @ f/7 on an AP1200.

--- Mike
http://astronomy.mdodd.com