Re: FITS Image Header Issues Using APPM-Help!

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

Hi Scott

I would say that going back to the previous version of Windows should be the last resort, and I am not sure how to do that either. I have seen comments from several people on the forum (including Roland) stating that they have disabled the automatic Windows updates, but I am not sure that this is a good idea. As aggravating as these updates can be, they are usually done to fix some kind of bug or provide enhanced performance. It is the same for all of the astronomy software that we use. There are always bugs to be fixed or enhancements added. Otherwise, everything we run would still be on version 1.0.

Just make sure after every Windows update that you reboot your computer at least once before trying to run any of your astronomy related software.

Ray can probably give you better advice on whether the Windows updates are a problem. Sometimes these updates will restore default settings. One of the particularly aggravating settings is the USB Selective Suspend which was re-enabled in the Windows 1909 update. The instructions below came from the Diffraction Limited forum for MaxIm DL:

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support