Re: strange behavior of Mach2 in Skyx #Mach2GTO: slewing instead of tracking

Howard Hedlund

APCC and the Driver show sidereal as the SELECTED tracking rate.  That is the tracking rate even while slewing, and the mount must keep track of the sidereal motion of the sky during the time it takes to slew.

TheSkyX is failing to stop its button slew as Rolando has pointed out.  Now that I’m back in the Saddle, I plan to address a number of such issues with outside developers.  Please be patient with me.  I have a lot of catch-up!

Mag. 7 Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone: 815-315-7015

www.astro-physics.com

Please include this e-mail with your response.

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 10:02
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] strange behavior of Mach2 in Skyx #Mach2GTO: slewing instead of tracking

When I tried this yesterday although SkyX reported slewing even after button release, APCC and ASCOM driver showed tracking at 

sidereal rate. 

On Jul 20, 2020, at 7:56 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

We will look into this. Meanwhile can you use the jog buttons in APCC?

It may be that SkyX is configured to send a "move" command but not a "quit move" command when the button is released. Therefore the mount continues to move at the button rate.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 19, 2020 7:22 am
Subject: [ap-gto] strange behavior of Mach2 in Skyx #Mach2GTO: slewing instead of tracking

Hi,
I am using my Mach 2 with APCC pro and skyx.
Everything seems to work, except for one strange behavior:

-if I use the jog buttons in skyx, the mount get stuck  in a slewing mode, with a wrong tracking speed (not sidereal). There is nothing at this point I can do to put the mount back in tracking mode: The only possibility is to disconnect the mount from skyx.

Except for this the mount point, sync, track, and autoguide using pulse guide just fine.

Can this be a bug related to the young mach2?

Thank you very much,
Andrea

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.