Re: strange behavior of Mach2 in Skyx #Mach2GTO: slewing instead of tracking

Wayne Hixson

When I tried this yesterday although SkyX reported slewing even after button release, APCC and ASCOM driver showed tracking at
sidereal rate.

On Jul 20, 2020, at 7:56 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

We will look into this. Meanwhile can you use the jog buttons in APCC?

It may be that SkyX is configured to send a "move" command but not a "quit move" command when the button is released. Therefore the mount continues to move at the button rate.

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jul 19, 2020 7:22 am
Subject: [ap-gto] strange behavior of Mach2 in Skyx #Mach2GTO: slewing instead of tracking

Hi,
I am using my Mach 2 with APCC pro and skyx.
Everything seems to work, except for one strange behavior:

-if I use the jog buttons in skyx, the mount get stuck  in a slewing mode, with a wrong tracking speed (not sidereal). There is nothing at this point I can do to put the mount back in tracking mode: The only possibility is to disconnect the mount from skyx.

Except for this the mount point, sync, track, and autoguide using pulse guide just fine.

Can this be a bug related to the young mach2?

Thank you very much,
Andrea