Re: Daylight Saving Question

Yves Laroche

Pat,
I forgot to mention than your GMT offset (DST) is displayed when you are
in Telescope | Options | Initialize but a higher value will be send if
you press Set GMT.
If you have some problem as an alternative you can try to power on your
mount with the keypad (DST set) , open TheSky and do initialisation
process with only Set Time. In the last case, the keypad will send time,
latitude, longitude and GMT offset to the servo controller but with
TheSky, the Set Time will overwrite the time set by the keypad.

BTW, would you check how many digit are displayed for latitude and
longitude in Telescope | Options | Initialize and tell me? Thank you,

Yves

Hope this will help,

Yves

Yves Laroche wrote:

Pat,
in your area, the time zone should be +06 (PST) so try +05 for DST.
Type ":SG +05#" without quotes. This command is case sensitive and
there is a space between :SG and +05#

Hope this will help,

Yves

Patrick J. Madden wrote:

Hello, Yves! I do not live in the Eastern Time Zone, but in the Central Time Zone. What should I type? Thanks!Pat

Yves Laroche <yves.laroche@...> wrote:Hi Pat,

If you are using TheSky 5.00.100, there is a bug in the initialisation
process with Set GMT. The Set GMT will set your mount to +5 (EST)
instead of +4 (DST).
In TkeSky terminal box (Telescope | Options | Terminal) try typing ":SG
+04#" without quotes and check the telescope pointing.

Hope this help,

Yves Larioche

Patrick J. Madden wrote:

I have had nothing but grief since we changed to daylight saving time. Will someone give me a list of things I need to do, or change when the time changes, in addition to changing the clock on my computer? Last night I finally realized that my dome program, Digital Dome Works, has a DST setting that needs to be checked. It is behaving much better now. I also have the DST setting fixed on the keypad, which I normally do not use for startup anyway. My 1200 mount has not been flipping over at the meridian, whether used with the keypad or with TheSky. Something wants to put the telescope about 15 degrees too far "under" the polar axis before flipping it over to the east side. Also, I thought I had finally licked the TPoint question. Now I am way off on startup. And it occurs to be that "way off" might be 15 degrees, which is suspiciously like another DST button somewhere that needs pushed! Thanks for any help. Pat Madden

Yves Laroche, modérateur de la liste ASTRODIX.
Les listes ASTRO et ASTRODIX travaillent en concertation
Voir: http://www.globetrotter.net/astroccd/astro-l.htm