Re: Mount coordinates change while autoguiding

Mike Dodd

On 7/18/2020 12:06 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com> via groups.io wrote:
The meridian flip automation i use includes a re-centering of the
target via plate solve, which I think is pretty common
When you are autoguiding the target is always centered so no plate solve
is needed.
I think you misunderstood. I do the same thing with ACP. Each time the mount slews to the target, e.g., initially, after an autofocus, or after a meridian flip, ACP performs a plate-solve to center the target on the camera's sensor.

This happens before autoguiding is turned on, so has nothing to do with guiding.

--- Mike