Re: Mount coordinates change while autoguiding

>>> If I leave the mount running with no autoguider connected at all, RA and DEC remain constant, as I would expect.

But likely the fov would have change significantly, so your target would have drifted out of frame

 >>>This confounds automated meridian flips because the mount "thinks" it is pointed somewhere other than where it actually is. Often, the difference is too slight to be significance, but sometimes not.

The meridian flip automation i use includes a re-centering of the target via plate solve, which I think is pretty common

Brian

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 8:48 AM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

It seems as though the autoguider commands are being interpreted as user initiated slews.
Yes, autoguider commands are essentially user initiated moves which cause the mount to go to a new coordinate every time a move command is issued. This is universal and applies to every mount ever made, whether AP mount or other brands. They will all do the same.