Re: [ap-ug] RS-232

Peter Natscher

As stated earlier with trying to replace the corrupted database in my Keypad, I had problems connecting with a cable between my MacBook Pro (17" 2012) partitioned with Parallels running Win 10 Pro 64.  I was using a TripLite RS-232 (9 pin)-to-USB(A) cable connector (with its own board inside). This required a driver.  Win 7 and Win 10 couldn't find a driver for this cable, so I downloaded and installed a current one found online.  After installing the driver, Win 10 still couldn't acknowledge the connection between the PC laptop and CP4.  Could anyone please recommend a proven USB(A)-to-RS232 cable to me that will connect between USB(A) port laptop and the CP4?