Re: Mach1 and GTOCP4 Yellow Light

Mikko Viljamaa

I never opened the Dec gearbox so I don't know what's going on there. When I first connected the Dec side of the cable to Ra and had the Ra box open, the quick rotation I explained happened. After I jiggled and pinched the visible wires inside the Ra gearbox, everything started to work. This with the correct Ra side of the cable was connected. I don't remember ever trying again with the Dec side after everything worked.

I'll redo all the testing and record them step by step when the mount malfunctions the next time. That way we know for sure. Now I have currently three nights without a problem so I don't want to stir the status quo.

Again, when I opened the Ra gearbox, I did the mentioned wire jiggle and pinch so who knows, maybe that helped.

- Mikko