Re: Suddenly stars are dashes with good guiding

Chris Carlton

I actually put it off waiting for the new keypad release. Planned to do both and compare the relative efforts and results. Problem is that no matter how I plan it, I seem to barely get everything set up and ready to go by twilight, then I'm more interested in dinner than modeling, but I hear what you're saying.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 6:14 PM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
It can be very practical if you do a reasonable polar alignment. Then use APPM to develop a quick model along the path that the object takes. Would not take long, and can be done during twilight.

We will have a keypad program available soon that doesn't require plate solves and can be done during daylight.

From: Chris Carlton <pselaphid@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jul 13, 2020 5:22 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Suddenly stars are dashes with good guiding

Others will weigh in, but modeling in APCC as I understand it, and it's on my list of things to implement. My imaging set up moves around a lot though, so I don't know how often it will be practical.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 5:19 PM Worsel via groups.io <bryancashion=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
With an 1100AE, what would it take  to achieve unguided imaging?

Bryan

--
Chris Carlton, Ph. D.
Director, Carlton Astronomy Campus