Re: Mach1 and GTOCP4 Yellow Light

Roland Christen

If the yellow light comes on immediately, then you probably have a bad connection from the CP4 to one of the two motor gearboxes. It could be your Y cable, or it could be inside the gearbox. Most likely is the connection to the RA motor. Normally the RA motor starts tracking upon power up. You can see that if you look at the end of the motor shaft, at the spur gears. If the motor does not start rotating, then within a few seconds the CP4 will shut power off and turn on the yellow light, indicating a motor stall condition. So, your first order of business is to find out if this is what's happening.

From: Mikko Viljamaa <mikko.viljamaa@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jul 8, 2020 8:36 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 and GTOCP4 Yellow Light

Thanks for the comments and recommendations.
OK, what’s the easiest way to measure the voltage to the mount? I think I have a multimeter somewhere. I did end up buying another power source from Amazon yesterday just in case I need to replace the existing one. Also, it sounds like the Y-cable is not probably the culprit here.

As said, in my case the Yellow light comes on immediately when the mount is powered on. I have yet to have a case where if the sequence has started OK the mount would have malfunctioned.

Mikko