I shared this info with the AP CP4 programmer but I didn't hear back if he was able to reproduce the problem and/or get it figured out and fixed.

And of course there is always the chance that somehow I was unknowingly causing the problem and there isn't a mystery horizon limit bug in the current CP4 code.

I hope this helps.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:41 AM uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Make sure you have enough voltage from your battery or power supply, and that you have nothing else running off that supply. Make sure that your cable from the power source is as short as possible. Long cables lose a lot of voltage between supply and the mount controller.

From: Mikko Viljamaa <mikko.viljamaa@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jul 7, 2020 3:03 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach1 and GTOCP4 Yellow Light

This started a week ago when I would suddenly get a Yellow warning light with a random slew when connecting the mount with the SGP. My first thought was that the control unit has condensated again but I was wrong and it turned out to be bone dry. Next I tried to fiddle the power and the Y cable and that helped and the next few days were fine. Last night the mount had violently slewed again so my I’m thinking now that I have a faulty cable.

I ordered both new cables but I am wondering now is there anything else I should check before changing those cables tomorrow before a clear night again?

- Mikko