Mach1 and GTOCP4 Yellow Light

Mikko Viljamaa

This started a week ago when I would suddenly get a Yellow warning light with a random slew when connecting the mount with the SGP. My first thought was that the control unit has condensated again but I was wrong and it turned out to be bone dry. Next I tried to fiddle the power and the Y cable and that helped and the next few days were fine. Last night the mount had violently slewed again so my I’m thinking now that I have a faulty cable.

I ordered both new cables but I am wondering now is there anything else I should check before changing those cables tomorrow before a clear night again?

- Mikko