Re: AP1100 GTO question

dvjbaja

My ap 180 f7 rides on my 1100 and losmandy hd tripod no problem.  3, 18lb weights, plus rings, saddle, dovetail plates, finder, diagonal. 20 ethos, no problem.   I like the losmandy hd for the flexibility it offers with my other telescope configurations. 

Jg

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/4/20 9:04 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] AP1100 GTO question

I recently purchased an AP1100 from a user who got it from AP in the April batch (thanks to Astromart). This comes with the Losmandy HD tripod. I am expecting the mount (+ cws) next week.

I am also about to get a TEC 180FL next week (it has been shipped by Yuri), so I am excited to give the AP1100 a spin.

I am new to AP mounts and this one does not have AE, and comes with APCC (not pro), I have a Paramount MX and associated The SkyX with Tpoint etc.

I have three questions:

1. Can I use Tpoint from Software Bisque to create a pointing model for the AP1100 or do I need to upgrade to APCCPro?
2. Will the Losmandy HD tripod be able to handle the TEC 180FL on the AP1100? (38lbs scope + about 15lb cameras accessories + the mount ofcourse).
3. Is there a way I can mount the AP1100 on a Paramount MX permanent pier via an adapter?

Shailesh

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.