Re: #Mach2GTO - Can It Handle TEC 180FL? #Mach2GTO

Roland Christen

How much else will you be adding to the scope? guide scope, camera, other peripherals?

From: tranathi via groups.io <tranathi@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jul 4, 2020 2:22 am
Subject: [ap-gto] #Mach2GTO - Can It Handle TEC 180FL?

I know many had suggested that the 1100gto to be the best candidate for the TEC 180FL refractor. However, I have checked AP’s website spec sheet for Mach2GTO mount and it does look like the TEC 180FL is within range - both in weight & dimension. I’m not really a big fan of mount overkill idea nor ready to drop $15k for a mount. So, my question is, can the MACH2GTO handle TEC 180FL at ease without any concern for longterm effect/issue? Per TEC’s website, the 180FL OTA should be very close to 40 pounds.