Re: SatelliteTracker is now SkyTrack

jimmyjujames

1811 keystrokes follow

I have not tried SkyTrack.
SkyTrack has a 30 day free trial then $9 one time.

https://www.heavenscape.com/index.html

SkyTrack says it has variable speed tracking available with Ascom.
If SkyTrack's Ascom variable speed tracking works with Astro-Physics mounts
 then that sound very promising.

Most of my ISS movies were recorded with the original SatelliteTracker v2.51 direct connect with no Ascom.
First movie was hand guided.

Recently cleaned mirrors on my home assembled 10'' Newtonian f4.5 and have been slow to reassemble.

I select ''LX200 Compatible interface'' in v2.51 to connect to my 900GTO.

The 900GTO has 0 problems tracking through zenith.
 My cheaper mount can't track fast enough, leap-frogs through zenith and
 then a meridian flip at the worst time when the ISS is closest.

 With the 900GTO I set the meridian flip point to the western horizon and
 can track SW horizon-zenith-NE horizon with no meridian flip.
 Starting with scope upside down and pointing at SW horizon.

 The meridian delay option is why I purchased my 900GTO back in 2011.

I know some members want to record the ISS and see those gaps between the solar panels.
I do hope SkyTrack works with Ascom and Astro-Physics mounts.

Show us your gaps!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and movies of the ISS with Astro-Physics Scopes.

Note:
Most of the night passes are invisible due to ISS in the shadow of Earth before it gets to my backyard.

All daylight passes over my backyard are visible and brighter due to EarthShine.

If I have good polar alignment and find the ISS in daylight,
 the 900GTO easily keeps the ISS on screen with Joystick in a 17x13 arc-min FOV.

Jimmy
33.6N, 88.6W
My ISS movies
http://www.jimmyjujames.com/