Re: Should I record a PEM?

Mike Dodd

On 6/29/2020 5:37 PM, Mojo Jones wrote:
Finally my question: This system is very forgiving, with a huge wide
field, and 2.45 arc-seconds per pixel. That's a little bit high compared
to the recommendations for recording a PE curve in PEMpro.
I think you should record a PE curve and turn on PEM. Nothing to lose, but possibly something to gain. Even though you're getting decent results now, why not use PEM to potentially improve things, even if only slightly.

If things get worse, you can always turn off PEM. But at least the curve is in the mount, ready to use.

--- Mike