Re: PlateSolve2 vs. TheSkyX Image Link for APPM Point Mapping

Ray Gralak

Dean,

I can get Image Link to solve my images from the last session no problem just by setting up a few parameters in
the SkyX Image Link config window. Once that is done, is it as simple as telling APPM to use Image Link and
making sure TheSkyX is running and connected through the virtual port?
There are separate settings in SkyX for external plate solvers, so you should take a look the help for that tab in APPM.

Also, you should connect SkyX through the AP V2 ASCOM driver.

Again you can test this in daylight using the NASA Sky View camera option in APPM.

BTW, update SkyX to the latest daily update if there is one.

-Ray Gralak