Re: PlateSolve2 vs. TheSkyX Image Link for APPM Point Mapping

Ray Gralak

Hi Dean,

Was SGPro controlling the camera, or SkyX? For consistent plate solving SGPro usually needs to be connected to the mount to get the RA/Dec value.

Did you happen to install a new version of SGPro?

I can't even get it to do a plate solve here at home now using the test button on APPM after several tries of
deleting SGP profiles and re-doing the setup as per the APPM documentation.
Did you check the PlateSolve catalog folder setting to make sure it is correct?

Did you try using the NASA Sky View? If you do, make sure SGPro is connected to the mount and have SGPro select the ASCOM camera simulator for the camera.

For those who have tried both, do you find that TheSkyX's Image Link works well with APPM?
Yes, it works, and I believe ImageLink is more accurate.

-Ray Gralak