Re: Mach1 - regreasing

Michael Hambrick <mike.hambrick@...>

Hi Dale

Just make sure that you get rid of all traces of the mineral spirits and alcohol before you re-grease anything. As a former auto mechanic I used to re-pack a lot of front wheel bearings. I have repeatedly seen where a very tiny amount of solvent left in the bearings when they are re-greased is enough to turn the fresh grease into a liquid after just a few day's driving. Granted, the worm and wheel on a equatorial mount do not operate under anywhere close to the same conditions as the front wheels of a car, but it is a good illustration of what a little bit of residual solvent can do to the properties of the grease.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support