Re: Recal remotely?

CORRECTION

from dc3 website:

The time limit for the Astrometry.net all-sky solving engine is ten minutes. During routine tests, we have observed an occasional image that ran for over 5 minutes then solved. The ten minute limit applies to both the online and local all-sky servers. Don't give up, just wait to see if the solution comes back!

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:57 AM Brian Valente via groups.io <bvalente=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>> If you’re using Pinpoint in Maxim, just open it and click on Search Sky Online (must have internet connection but I assume you do because you are remote).

I'm pretty sure this feature uses astrometry.net site which is a great resource, but it is not uncommon the site is down or it may take a long time to solve (sometimes up to 10-20 minutes depending on the queue. this can be a problem if that wait time exceeds your timeout which i think defaults to 5 minutes)

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:51 AM Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@...> wrote:
If you’re using Pinpoint in Maxim, just open it and click on Search Sky Online (must have internet connection but I assume you do because you are remote).  It may take several minutes to solve but then complete the solve when prompted.  Then synch as usual.  I’ve done this often with my remote set up.

Gregg

On Jun 25, 2020, at 10:39 PM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@...> wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before but ....here goes. (Let the flames fly!)

I have a AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and this evening I had set a 2 hr meridian delay and accidentally slewed to an object that had the mount just gently nudge the pier to lose its calibrated position. I could not get images to plate solve after that since the mount was not where it thought it was.

Is there any way to remotely send it to a known position or any way to recal without having to go to the observatory and level off at my Park 2 position?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

--
Clear skies,