Re: Recal remotely?

Gregg Ruppel

If you’re using Pinpoint in Maxim, just open it and click on Search Sky Online (must have internet connection but I assume you do because you are remote).  It may take several minutes to solve but then complete the solve when prompted.  Then synch as usual.  I’ve done this often with my remote set up.

Gregg

www.greggsastronomy.com

On Jun 25, 2020, at 10:39 PM, Jim Fakatselis <pashasdad@...> wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked before but ....here goes. (Let the flames fly!)

I have a AP 130EDF on my Mach1GTO and this evening I had set a 2 hr meridian delay and accidentally slewed to an object that had the mount just gently nudge the pier to lose its calibrated position. I could not get images to plate solve after that since the mount was not where it thought it was.

Is there any way to remotely send it to a known position or any way to recal without having to go to the observatory and level off at my Park 2 position?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

--
Clear skies,